Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing 6

I have been struggling a bit with Diigo. So far, I haven't been able to import my favorites from IE and I'm just having a bit of "newcomer frustration" with it. But I'll get past this. I just haven't found it to be particularly user friendly, but I DO (very much) recognize its benefits. I also need to figure out how to organize my bookmarks in Diigo.

I like the idea of using Diigo instead of google or dogpile for professional searching. I think this will generate more beneficial results that would actually be helpful for work!

Here's the link to my Diigo bookmark links: http://www.diigo.com/user/nclett

2 comments:

  1. To organize the book marks, you would use diigo's list function. I created a daily list and a math list. I use the daily list for everything I use on a daily basis. Obviously, I use the math list for math stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with some "new" things, there will always be a learning curve. I believe getting the hang of tagging is an essential skill with social bookmarking. Stay consistent as possible with your tags and that will help immensely.

    The ultimate benefit from Diigo, in my humble opinion, is the social aspect part. You've already pointed out that using Diigo over Google or Dogpile for professional searching is a likeable idea. Let me just assure you that as you BUILD your network on Diigo, the more you'll be able to capitalize on it as a resource.

    Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete